Peanut Butter Granola
We eat a lot of greek yogurt around our home, as it’s one of a few snacks that is filled with protein that my kids really enjoy! We have many toppings we throw into our yogurt, but granola is by far the top choice! I fell in love with KIND brand’s peanut butter granola, but with 5 kids and the price of a small bag, I was having a hard time justifying spending that much. I decided instead to try making my own, and was really pleased with the results! Here is the recipe I used! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! (Adapted from flavorthemoments.com)
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the oats in a large bowl.
- Place the peanut butter, honey, coconut oil, and cinnamon in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat for 25-40 seconds or until melted. Stir well to combine then pour over the oats. Add the salt and stir until the oats are coated well with the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour the oats onto the prepared pan and spread in an even layer, about 1/4″ thick, packing it down well. Packing it down will help give us those big clusters!
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden….do not stir! Remove from heat and cool completely without stirring.
- Once cooled, break the granola up into chunks and place in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or by the handful. 🙂