Aren’t s’mores the iconic treat of the summer season? 😋 Sharing today my go-to summer treat to bring to a gathering that will have everyone asking for the recipe, but will also be the easiest thing you make.
If you are new around here, I’m all about fueling my body with nutrition that helps me live well. (You can read more of that here!) In FULL disclosure…these are NOT nutritious! 😀 They wouldn’t fall into the category of good fuel, so I wouldn’t advise eating 5 of them daily. 😉 HOWEVER, I believe God created ALL food for us to enjoy – chocolate is not just meant to torture us. Food isn’t good or bad. But too many of these things will make me feel sick and want to curl up on the couch. I can’t do a lot of serving or loving when I’m feeling icky on the couch, right?
However, I can enjoy a treat here or there as God’s good gift, and it won’t take away from what He’s called me to do. Stay free, friends – however, that looks for you, it’s possible to enjoy treats on occasion and STAY free!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 36 oz container of nestle toll house cookie dough.
- 1 package of Hershey’s chocolate bars (contains 6 bars)
- Peanut butter (roughly 1 cup)
- 1 7oz container of marshmallow creme
- 1 9×13 pan
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Let your cookie dough sit at room temperature for a bit. Then spread half (or a little more) of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the 9×13 pan. Pat in with your hands until it’s fairly flat.
3. Put all 6 Hershey bars on top of the cookie dough layer, spread flat across in 2 lines of 3 bars (refer to picture).
4. Spread peanut butter over top (as thin or thick as you like!)
5. Warm up the marshmallow creme for 20 sec in the microwave, then spread over the peanut butter layer.
6. Finish by sprinkling the other ½ of cookie dough over the marshmallow creme layer.
7. Bake for 30ish minutes or until the bars begin to get a little brown on the
8. Let cool in a fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.
Cut in small pieces and serve with a cold cup of cold brew or whatever you prefer and share with those you love! ☕️