1. Spend so much time on my computer or writing – if you desire to market your biz, expect to do a fair amount of writing or spend a bunch of $$ hiring someone else to do it for you. Now, I appreciate the variety content creation and writing bring to my work week!
2. Making reels and looking like a bit of a fool – OK, reels were NOT a thing when I started this biz in 2019. And though I really HATE looking stupid, I’ll be honest that reels HAVE helped the business, and so…you do what ya gotta do!
3. Never have a bad day or dread going to work – I literally look forward to every single day I get to work and see patients! They’re truly the BEST!
4. Create products that can be used by women worldwide. I had ZERO intentions of course creation when I began, and now it’s a really big part of my job.
5. See people virtually in other countries – this hasn’t happened often, but it has occasionally, and is really fun to see the reach that Refine has had because of technology.
6. Have my own beautiful office space – I thought I’d be renting a room in someone else’s space forever, but God has provided in ways above and beyond my imagination.
7. Actually be able to work part-time AND run a business AND still be a mom that’s available for her kids and their activities! This is NOT always easy, but it’s been possible, and I’m thankful daily for the opportunity I’ve been given.
8. Niche down – when I started the business, I was pretty diverse in what I saw. I wanted to help all women with everything, and I realized quickly that it was easier to grow when you could focus on one thing. That has been so helpful in sharing my message and knowing who I’m here to help and who I can refer to others!
Are you a business owner? What is something you never thought you would do or something you’ve learned along the way?😆