1. It isn’t a linear process. You may have weeks where things stall out and weeks where you lose 3 pounds.
2. Breastfeeding can make a difference, but that’s not the case for everyone.
3. Your weight loss journey may look different from one baby to the next, and that’s ok! You aren’t who you were then.
4. Your body may hold onto extra weight until you’re done breastfeeding, so it knows you have enough resources to supply your baby’s needs.
5. You can lose the weight and still feel like your body isn’t “back to normal.” Your rib cage and pelvis may still feel wider, and if you’re nursing your breasts increase in size. It’s common to feel like your body is a bit foreign.
6. You may not lose all the weight, and there is NO SHAME in that either. Sometimes, our body finds a new normal. Pursue health – not just a number on the scale. Your body has done so much work for you – be kind to it. Exercise gratitude for all it has done and will continue to do.
Postpartum moms, what would you add to my list?
Need a little encouragement today? Grab my list of tips I give to every mom I work with!